Applications are now being accepted for CMS Law Bursaries, which give aspiring law students £2,500 towards each year of their law degree.
CMS is a Top 10 Global Law Firm that operates in 42 countries, embracing innovative, different ways of working, and believes that if you choose to pursue a career in law, your background doesn’t matter.
Bursaries are open to candidates who attend a state school; and either:
- is themselves eligible for free school meals (or would be eligible for free school meals if they attended a school sixth form rather than a college);
- attends a school where 25% or more of students are currently eligible for free school meals;
- attends a school where the average percentage of students eligible for free school meals over the last 6 years has been 25% or more;
- if now attending a sixth form college, attended a school in Years 7 to 11 where the average percentage of students eligible for free school meals over the last 6 years was 25% or more;
- will be in the first generation in their family to go to university;
- is expected to achieve (or has already achieved) ABB or equivalent at A Level;
- will be applying for and accepts an offer to read Law on a university undergraduate degree course which requires a minimum of ABB or equivalent at A Level, or at a Russell Group university.
Students who are interviewed will also receive mentoring support and the offer of paid work experience during their first year at university