Do you have students who are considering a path to medicine? Then the Brighton and Sussex Medical School's BrightIdeas programme can provide students with an opportunity to complete a medicine focused certificated research project and have the opportunity to be mentored by a current medical student.
BrightIdeas is aimed at Year 12 students who are interested in applying for and studying medicine at University. They must also meet two of the eligibility requirements as outlined below:
- No parental history of higher education
- Currently in, or have been in, the care of a local authority
- Care for someone at home with a long-term illness or disability
- Are disabled
- Are eligible for free school meals/ 16-19 bursary
- Are eligible for any other means-tested benefit
- Likely to live in a low participation neighbourhood
The project is free and the only costs students may incur will be potential travel to the University for project workshops but travel bursaries may be available.
If you would like to find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 644 797.
Applications can be made online until 27 October on the BSMS website.