What do progression mentors do?
As a Progression Mentor and as part of your school’s contribution to the Federation, we ask that you:
- Identify students with little or no family history of higher education who have the potential to succeed in higher studies but are unlikely to do so without extra support. Students from the most deprived areas should also be identified and the KMPF Support Team can supply you with postcode data to help you do this.
- Work closely with identified students to ensure that they get maximum benefit from the extra support they receive.
- Provide baseline data for students and send these to the KMPF Support Team’s office by recorded delivery.
- Keep registers so that the Partnership can record the participation of selected students in Partnership activities.
- Collaborate with university and college partners to arrange and co-ordinate the delivery and evaluation of partnership activities.
- Attend the KMPF termly Operations Group meetings.
- Update the KMPF Support Team where there have been changes in Progression Mentor or Head Teacher details for your school.