- Multiple Dates Available
- Hosted by University of KentDelivered at: Off campus
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust are delighted to be able to offer a series of free taster days for Year 11 and 12 students who are considering exploring a career in medicine.
During the taster days, students will have the opportunity to:
- talk informally to current medical students who are studying and working in local hospitals and who will provide a real insight into getting into medical school and what it is like studying to be a doctor.
- talk with foundation programme doctors who are in their first years and who will be able to provide first-hand knowledge of life as a busy "doctor in training" in an acute hospital setting.
- learn what it is that admissions tutors, selection committees and interview panels are looking for in candidates and how you can impress.
- gain practical advice on how to write a good personal statement and what sort of questions to expect at interview.
- what education and training as a doctor, either in a hospital or GP setting is like.
The taster dates are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- 02 April 2019 at the William Harvey Hospital, Ashford
- 28 June 2019 at the Queen Elizabeth Mother Hospital, Margate
In addition to the taster days, MedStart Plus provides students with an opportunity undertake a week of work experience in a secondary and primary care setting. MedStart Plus is aimed at students over 16 only who have participated in a MedStart4U Taster Day.
Please note places on both programmes are limited and early booking is advised. For further information please refer to: